Take the first step in your dive career and become a PADI Divemaster. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, you'll expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills as you become a dive professional. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities by training you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
What can PADI Divemasters do?
- Work at local dive centers, on live-aboard dive boats, yachts and at exotic resort locations.
- Assist PADI Instructors with students.
- Lead PADI Scuba Divers on guided dive tours.
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers.
- Teach PADI Discover Snorkeling programs.
- Conduct PADI Scuba Review programs for certified divers.
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences.
- Teach Emergency First Response programs after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
What do I need to start?
- PADI Rescue Diver certification or qualifying certification from another training organization.
- Medical clearance to dive signed by a physician.
- 40 logged dives to start, (60 logged dives required to certify including Deep, Navigation and Night).
- CPR qualification within past 24 months such as Emergency First Response required to certify.
- 18 years old.
What will I do?
- Learn dive leadership through classroom and independent study sessions
- Complete water skills and stamina exercises in confined and open water
- Training exercises to test organizational and problem solving abilities
- An internship to complete a series of practical training exercises with real student and certified divers.
How long will it take?
We offer the latest version of the PADI Divemaster course as an Internship and we price the course on the assumption that there will be only one person in the class, this way, we are able to give you our undivided attention as you will have an Instructor to yourself. You will already need to have completed Knowledge Development and Exams online with eLearning (sign up here) leaving just the practical training sessions and skills workshops in confined and open water to complete your certification.
The internship can take 1 - 2 weeks to complete depending on the time of year and courses we have running as we prefer you to work with real student and certified divers as much as possible rather than train through simulations, as this is much more representative of real world life as a PADI Divemaster.
We are currently running a SPECIAL OFFER on a combined PADI Divemaster and Assistant Instructor Course. By completing all your Knowledge Development online (including the IDC Dive Theory), by adding just two more days, you can exit the course as a PADI Assistant Instructor.
What course materials are required?
The following materials are required unless they are unavailable in a language understood by the student diver.
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- Recreational Dive Planner (RDP) both versions (Table and eRDPML including associated Instructions for Use booklets)
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Diving Knowledge Workbook
- Divemaster Slates
- Instructor Guides for the programs that may be conducted by PADI Divemasters. You may purchase these guides from your PADI Dive Center/Resort or you may download PDF versions by from the PADI website.
For information on pricing, please visit our Price List page.