What is the PADI Assistant Instructor Course?
The PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC). You'll not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional but you'll also start learning the PADI System of diver education.
What can PADI Assistant Instructors do?
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba experiences
- Teach Emergency First Response after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course
What will I need to start?
- PADI Divemaster rating or qualifying certification from another certification organization
- At least 18 years old
- Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
What will I do?
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations
For information on pricing, please visit our Price List page.