PADI Assistant Instructor Certification.
What is the PADI Assistant Instructor Course?
The PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first portion of the PADI Instructor Development Course (IDC). You’ll not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional but you’ll also start learning the PADI System of diver education.
What can PADI Assistant Instructors do?
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor
- Teach the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba experiences
- Teach Emergency First Response after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course
What will I need to start?
- PADI Divemaster rating or qualifying certification from another certification organization
- At least 18 years old
- Have 60 logged dives, including night, deep, and navigation dives
- Have been a certified diver for at least 6 months
What will I do?
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations
For information on pricing, please visit our Price List page.