What is the PADI Junior Scuba Diver Course?
Completion of the PADI Junior Scuba Diver Course results in a pre-entry level diver certification that entitles you to dive only when accompanied by a PADI Divemaster, Assistant Instructor or Instructor to a maximum depth of 40ft/12M.
The benefits of this course are that it reduces the workload, cost and amount of time taken to achieve certification, and is particularly suitable for people who will only want to dive as part of a group led by a PADI Professional, such as when participating in guided dives whilst on holiday. Achieving this certification means that you will not have to repeat the PADI Discover Scuba Diving Experience every time you want to dive. The Junior Scuba Diver certification can be upgraded to Junior Open Water at any time (see below for details). Minimum age 10 yrs.
We offer flexible scheduling to make the most of your precious vacation time and you don't pay extra for small class sizes, one or two students is our normal class size. This way, you can be assured of our undivided attention which will soon have you diving like a professional.
What do I have to do?
- Read three chapters in the Open Water Diver Manual and complete and hand in the three Knowledge Reviews at the end of each chapter.
- Complete three quick quizzes which confirm that you have understood the chapters in the manual.
- Complete Confined Water (pool) Dives 1,2 & 3 (usually conducted in one session).
- Complete a 10 minute tread water/surface float.
- Complete Open Water (ocean) Dives 1 & 2 (conducted as one session).
Upgrade option to PADI Open Water Diver
If you have already completed the Discover Scuba Diving Experience we offer an upgrade path which may credit your previous experience towards the PADI Jnr Open Water Certification saving you time and money. Please click upgrade from Discover Scuba Diving for information.
Where can I go from here?
The next step up the PADI ladder is to complete your PADI Jnr, Open Water Diver course and gain your "licence to dive".
For information on pricing, please visit our Price List page.